What Is The Best Car Wax For White Cars In 2020?
If you own a white car, you would understand the struggle of keeping it clean and speck-free. For obvious reasons, literally, everything and anything is evident on the white surface, especially brake dust, tar, and anything dark. As a result, many white car owners find themselves asking the question of how to keep their car looking its best. Obviously, you have to clean your car frequently. However, to add a layer of gloss and maintain the luster, you need to wax it.
Wax is the basic material for preventing your car’s paint from oxidation. The protective layer created by the car wax is sufficient to save the paint from oxidation but cannot provide complete protection from all sorts of damage, such as scratches from heavy objects and bird droppings. Furthermore, car wax also gives your vehicle a natural shine and wet look as shown in auto shows in addition to protecting it from the harsh environment. Car wax also reduces corrosion caused by water by creating a seal on the paint that prevents water from entering.
Today, you can find a number of car waxes designed specifically for different cars (i.e. light and dark colored), in different forms: liquid, paste and spray, and in different materials. For instance, there is a 100% natural wax derived from natural products like honey or even plants and then there’s synthetic wax, which comprises of various chemical components, and is largely available in the market and is much cheaper than its natural counterpart.
1. Liquid Waxes: This type of wax is great for glossing and cleaning and delivers long-lasting results. However, liquid wax can be hard to apply uniformly. A majority of these waxes dry to a haze within a minute, but this can vary depending on the level of application, the wind, and sunlight.
2. Paste Waxes: Paste waxes are generally easy to apply, and deliver good cleaning results. However, their performance is not as great as liquid waxes. Paste waxes typically dry within 30 seconds.
3. Spray Waxes: Spray waxes work best for brand new cars with excellent finishes. They are also convenient to use, work well with plastic, and are especially suited for cleaning spots, instead of actual stains. They apply quite easily and can be removed without drying. But, they are not durable and not the best option for cleaning and glossing.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Right Way To Wax Your White Car
When it comes to maintaining a white car, we all know that cleaning isn’t enough. In order to maintain its sleek look and lustrous shine, you need to invest in the best car wax for white cars. The main purpose of car wax is to give your car a good shine by filling in all the imperfections. In addition, wax also allows the paint to remain durable by protecting it from scratches, dust, and heat. Even though it is a necessary part of the whole car maintenance regimen, many car owners are unaware of the right way to wax their cars. Here are 10 surprising tips you may find helpful the next time you wax your white car:
1. Start with a squeaky-clean car. Never use white car wax on a dirty car if you want good results. Use a clay bar to remove all the dirt and other forms of contamination before getting started with the process.
2. Wax clockwise, buff anti-clockwise. This technique is propagated by car enthusiasts. The invention of easy wipe products has pushed this technique aside. However, the next time you wax your car, you can save yourself some arm soreness by following this method.
3. Never wax your car under direct sunlight or it might cause the paint to crack.
4. Read the manufacturer’s instructions manual on whether or not to allow the wax to haze (dry) prior to buffing.
5. Don’t go crazy with the wax. Instead, take a small amount and rub it in thoroughly.
6. In case the waxy residue fails to buff, use a clean wipe towel.
7. Apply your wax in a back-and-forth stroke, and not in circles! If you create swirls, you will have to replace your towels or applicators.
8. Work on one spot at a time, covering about 2 to 4 square feet. Some products may facilitate you in coating the entire car before buffing off, but most of them don’t.
9. Use the applicator provided or recommended by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer doesn’t make a recommendation, use a foam pad for applying the wax.
10. After waxing, leave the car in the sun for about 10 to 15 minutes for all the streaks and non-buffed areas to fall down perfectly in place. Remember that you only need to get the car warmed up, not hot.
Best Car Wax For White Cars - Top Picks Of 2020!
Meguiar's G18211 Ultimate Paste Wax is a pure synthetic hydrophobic wax that ensures easy application and removal (even in the sun) and is especially suited to white and light-colored cars. It sets the bar high due to qualities, such as amplified reflectivity and extended protection against external factors like dust, heat, and even bugs.
The new ThinFilm technology makes application and removal a breeze and the formula delivers maximum durability, protection, color depth, and reflectivity. Hydrophobic Polymer Technology increases the tension of the surface so that water rolls right off the paint. In addition, the wax is effective and safe to use on all clear and glossy coats alike and can be applied manually or with the help of an applicator.
- Seamless application and removal, even in the scorching sun
- Can be applied by hand
- Will not damage clear coat paint
- High-quality protection
- Water-resistant, which means that water beads will slide off the paint instantly
- Contain synthetic polymers for a durable protective barrier strengthening reflection for an incredible mirror-like and deep shine.
- Lacks the thicker coated look in comparison with other waxes
Mothers 10016 Reflections Car Wax is the ultimate motorized enthusiast car-care kit that includes high-quality solutions for an incredible, detailed finish for the interior, top, coating, tires, and leather of convertibles. It contains light cleaning agents that will eliminate light oxidation and get rid of surface scratches. The wax is easy and quick to apply, and thus a perfect option for car owners who do not have a lot of time to spare for maintaining the appearance of their cars. In addition to its easy application, the wax also comprises liquid polymers that leave behind a protective layer on the car’s paint.
You can apply the wax with the help of a foam pad or a terry cloth applicator. All you need is a small amount of the product since it spreads evenly and easily over a large area thanks to its nice consistency. Mothers 10016 Reflections Car Wax delivers deep shine and a solid gloss while the cleaners will do a decent job at filling in the imperfections. If your car has heavy oxidation and swirling, you will first need to apply polish for this product to work well with the paint.
- Easy to apply and remove
- Provides results in a short amount of time and produces breathtaking results (if used with microfiber towels and good quality applicators)
- Do not emit the typical petroleum smell of most car waxes.
- Provides a super wet gloss for that just-washed look
- Regular use can provide long-lasting benefits to your car
- Not as durable as other similar products on the market
Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax offers the wettest shine at an affordable price! It contains resins and Carnauba Plus polymers that deliver an unparalleled combination of protection and shine. You can apply it in the shade or in the sun on a dry or wet surface. The crème consistency of the product allows easy application along with the show-stopping shine of real carnauba wax. Thanks to the brand new technology, the wax brings users a shiny and wet result, but without the greasy look.
It works great on all colors, and you would swear your car is wet. In addition, the wax is gentle on the car’s body, which means it does not contain any harsh abrasives or cleaners, thus adding to the paint’s longevity. The slippery long-lasting protection brings out an authentic deep gloss and luster and also shields the car. It comprises of 100% natural carnauba wax and comes with UV protection against sun damage.
- All-natural formula; no artificial harsh components
- Easy application and removal in the sun or in shade, in cool or hot temperatures
- Deep shiny and wet look
- UV protection
- Non-stick overall protection
- Affordable price
- Durability is not the best quality of this wax
The Collinite 476 Super Doublecoat Auto Wax is guaranteed to outlast and outshine any other car wax for the white cars! For the same reason, the product is referred to as the ‘permanent auto wax’. You can get a complete year’s paint protection with this weather-proof, detergent-proof car wax. The wax acts like a paint sealant, where a single application is enough to last a whole year, in all weather conditions.
It provides a clear barrier against salt, rain, pollution, the sun, and general dirt and grime. Furthermore, it is an extremely durable and high-quality car wax that gives the impression of tough and long-lasting protection. Collinite 476’s incredible protection quality makes it a popular choice, especially during the winter. However, keep in mind that this wax is not suitable for cleaning your car.
- Detergent proof auto car wax
- Easy to use
- Does not have abrasive properties due to the absence of chemicals and harsh elements
- Delivers a clear and safe coat
- Does not have cleaning properties
The Liquid Glass LG-100 Ultimate is a great option for cars of all colors, especially white. It comes in a generous-sized bottle and is easy to use. All you need is a towel to spread the product over your vehicle’s surface and you are good to go. The product sure lives up to its hype, and after just one coat you will see great results. Once applied, the wax never chips, cracks, peels or turns yellow. Also, you never have to remove it and the shine is simply excellent!
- Affordable option, especially for the size
- High-quality gloss finish
- Will never crack, peel or chip on a clear coat
- Doesn’t have to be removed, ever
- Doesn’t shed water as well as other products
After taking into account the pros and cons of the 5 best car waxes for white cars, it is safe to say that the Chemical Guys WAC Butter Wet Wax emerges as the winner. To put it simply, the wax offers everything you need. To begin with, it is easy to apply and remove (both in the sun and in shade), works great with light colors, and adds a deep gloss and sleek wet look. Furthermore, it is nonabrasive, which means no more scratches and swirl marks, and also shields the vehicle against the harmful UV rays, thereby refining the appearance of your car and adding to the lifespan of its paint job.