What Is The Best Car Wax For Black Cars In 2020?
Last Updated on
Black cars, unlike other cars, require more work when it comes to maintenance in order to keep the exterior looking sharp and shiny. Some black car owners assume that because signs of dirt are easily visible on the black paint, it is pointless to put in extra effort to keep the car looking at its best.
In reality, black cars show dust easily, and car detailers often call them dust magnets. In addition, they also scratch faster and are quite unforgiving when it comes to swirl marks. Because of all these reasons, it is important to make efforts towards keeping the car looking like it is brand new. This can only be done by following a constant cleaning regimen, involving frequent car washes and using a good black wax.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Best Car Wax For Black Cars - Our Top 5 Picks
P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax combines natural ingredients, such as carnauba and beeswax, to create a solution that is extremely easy to apply and remove, and even if you mistakenly smudge it on rubber or plastic, it will not stain at all. It also does not contain any perfume, dyes, adhesives, or abrasives, and certainly will not leave any residue behind over the paint. Drying time is typically 30 to 60 minutes.
You can expect the product to last around 3 to 5 weeks, depending on humidity, heat and other environmental factors. You can prolong its durability by adding two, three or more coats, and leave it be for around 1 to 2 days in order for it to properly “cure”.
- The carnauba wax ensures superior protection against paint tarnishing and UV rays.
- Easy to apply and remove. The product is soft, mainly due to the presence of beeswax. This makes it extremely easy to apply and easy to remove.
- Works great on all colors, but produces superior results on darker colored cars, leaving behind a deep shine and smooth finish.
- It is free from all abrasive ingredients, which means you don’t have to worry about any swirl marks and fine scratches.
- Not a durable product since the components are all-natural. As compared to other waxes, the P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax will not last you for months since it mainly focuses on beautification.
- A little pricey as compared to other waxes.
This hard paste carnauba wax comes in a small metal tin with an application pad for added user convenience. Although carnauba wax is considered expensive, this product is relatively affordable. It is easy to apply and covers a vast area, and you only need to wait for a few minutes for the wax to dry off. The gloss and shine are up to par with other waxes and leaves the paint looking great!
- Most affordable carnauba wax you will find.
- 100% carnauba natural wax, so if you are specifically looking for this type, this is the most affordable option.
- Instant shine and makes water beads run off the car’s body smoothly, adding a protective layer to the top paint coat.
- Easy application, thanks to the small applicator pad that comes with it.
- Works great for dark-colored cars.
- Not the deepest gloss or the best shine.
- A little difficult to buff when applying, so make sure to apply a thin coat using a sponge.
This is a user-friendly, synthetic wax, popular for its versatility, ease of use, and durability. The wax is perfect for both large and small surfaces to ensure timely application and lasting protection. The Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax leaves behind a durable coating and a deep carnauba shine that preserves the finish and protects it against the elements, including dust, UV rays, snow, rain, bugs, staining, grime, and more.
- Offer long-lasting protection.
- A great way to shield your paint from the harsh winter.
- Provide a deep, superior shine.
- Protects your vinyl/plastic trim and glass when applying since it does not wash off easily.
- A little pricey
The Paint Sealant Premium Liquid Wax by CarGuys is an awesome car-waxing product! It is easy to use and is environmentally friendly, making the product a time safe and guiltless option. Unlike other companies that use low-grade chemicals and offer cheap products that are dangerous to the environment, CarGuys use all-natural and non-harmful ingredients that are designed to preserve both the environment and your car’s paint.
The newly patented polymer additives create a long-lasting paint sealant that works to improve and extend performance. The complete car kit brings instant deep gloss and provides durable protection for the paint sealant. The Liquid Wax is also easier to buff as compared to other waxes in the market since it is specially formulated to be quick to apply and easy to remove.
- Easy application and easy removal.
- Long-lasting protection.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Come with a buffing towel and an applicator pad.
- Pricier as compared to other options.
- Take a while to completely dry off.
The Liquid Glass LG-100 Ultimate is an interesting wax option for black cars. It comes in a good size for the price and is easy to use. All you need is a towel to spread the product over the vehicle’s surface and you are good to go. Do wait for the product to dry off. It certainly lives to its hype, and after just one coat, you can see that bugs will no longer stick to the paint. Once applied, the wax never chips, cracks, peels or turns yellow. Furthermore, you never have to remove it and the gloss is just incredible!
- Great price for the size.
- High gloss finish.
- Will never crack, peel or chip on a clear coat.
- Never has to be removed.
- Don’t shed water as well as other products.
- Potential to overload paint if you apply too much of it.
After weighing the pros and cons of the 5 best car waxes for black cars, the P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax is the clear winner due to its many impressive factors. To put it simply, P21S 12700W has everything you need in a good black wax. To begin with, it is easy to apply and remove, works splendidly with all colors, especially darker ones, and brings a deep gloss and smooth finish. Furthermore, it is nonabrasive, which means no more scratches and swirl marks, and also provides UV protection against the sun, thus improving the outlook of your black beauty and adding to the longevity of your car’s paint.
Of course, it is up to you to decide which black car wax you want to buy. Keep your needs and budget in mind and use the information and tips provided above to make the best possible decision.