The Best Diesel Fuel Additive You Can Find In The Market
Until the late 20th century, diesel fuel additives were not so much of a hot topic. Due to the robustness and versatility of the diesel engine, suitable diesel fuel is made from a mixture of straight-run distinctive distillation elements. With the increasing demand for fuel, the demand for diesel fuel additives has also increased. Even though there is no particular definition of what exactly an additive is, the consensus is that an additive is something added at less than 1% w/w (i.e. 10,000 mg/kg or 10,000 ppm).
Owing to this low additive rate, the physical features of the fuel, like its volatility, viscosity, and density, does not change significantly.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
What Are Diesel Fuel Additives?
Diesel fuel additives are chemicals, which are added to the vehicle’s fuel. There are a number of strains and each of them delivers a variety of benefits. For example, some fuel additives, like Nitromethane, are designed speciallyfor racing, whereas others are utilized for practical reasons and improve the efficiency of the vehicle, at the same time giving it an extra surge of power.
Advantages Of Using Diesel Fuel Additives
Diesel additives are used for a number of reasons, but their main purpose is to improve the engine’s performance and to help enhance fuel economy by minimizing fuel consumption.
- The way these additives work is by increasing the efficiency of the engine, the temperature, and the speedat which the diesel burns. These increases mean that the fuel can generate a greater amount of energy, which in turn makes the engine more powerful. The power goes up to about 10% or several brake horsepower is usually available, depending on the choice of additives and the engine.
- Exhaust emissions are minimized, as the additives improve fuel efficiency. The engine also produces less harmful emissions and carbon dioxide, which makes the vehicle more environmentally friendly. Using these additives helps achieve improved performance, fuel economy and efficiency, since the diesel is utilized more effectively. This, in turn, means that using the best diesel fuel additive can help you save money, and lower fuel bills.
- In some diesel fuel additives, you will find lubrication is a part of the mixture. The lubrication courses through your engine's gears to make sure that they aren't creating resistance and friction. In addition, the slicker running engine will help reduce wear and tear, as well as its other components andfacilitate your vehicle in operating for longer periods before requiring maintenance. Heavy use of the vehicle can cause breakdowns and diesel fuel additives helpprevent this. In addition, because your engine will function more efficiently, your gas mileage will improve.
- Gunk buildup is common in diesel engines and it can soon block fuel lines and fuel filters. Additionalproblems the gunk can cause include smoke and lost power.
- With the help of diesel fuel additives, overall maintenance of the engine becomes much easier since the diesel additives help prevent engine damage. Not only does this help you save time but also money and inconvenience, especially for individuals who heavily rely on their vehicles. Haulage and delivery companies, public transport, as well as emergency service vehicles and the general public can observe the difference when using the diesel additives.
- Diesel additives and fuel additives, in general, are extremely important in cold countries or countries that experience long winters. Using a diesel additive can help prevent the diesel from clouding in low temperatures, and creating waxy solids that drastically affect the fuel. When you add a diesel additive, the life of the fuel also extends.
Diesel fuel additives are cost-effective and offer a number of benefits, both for the operator and the vehicle.
For some drivers, driving a diesel-powered car is without a doubt inevitable. Unfortunately, these vehicles cause immense damage to the environment and are actually worse than the ordinary substitutes. Because it is so unrealistic to recommend that you will sell your vehicle and replace it with an environmentally friendly option, the best way to deal with this problem is to invest in a good diesel fuel additive.
Categories Of Diesel Fuel Additives
Fuel Handling And Distribution Additives
- Flow improvers
- Low-temperature operability additives
- Wax anti-settling additives
- De-icing additives
- Cloud point depressants
Other Examples Of Fuel Handling Additives
- Antifoam additives
- Static dissipater additives
- Drag minimizing additives
- Marker dyes
- Re-odorants and deodorants
- Corrosion inhibitors for fuel distribution system
Engine Protection Additives
- Lubricity additives
- Corrosion inhibitors designed for vehicle fuel system
- Injector sanitation additives
Fuel Stability Additives
- Metal deactivators
- Smoke suppressants
- Ignition enhancers
- Combustion catalysts
5 Best Diesel Fuel Additives That You Need To Check Out Today!
Since your overall aim is to protect your engine and curtail the repairs that it will require over the course of its lifetime, you need to make sure you choose high quality, bestdiesel fuel additives for your vehicle. With systematic use, you will be able to prevent all the problems that usually occur in vehicles that aren't well maintained and enhance the general performance of your vehicle at the same time.
Be sure you take your time whenbuying diesel fuel additives to ensure you get the one that is perfect for your car. To give you a little heads up about which products and brands to look out for in the market, here is a list of top 5 diesel fuel additives that you can invest in to take advantage of theirlong-term utility.
This is perhaps the best diesel fuel additiveout there in the market! Even though the fuel prices are currently falling, the oil market will eventuallystabilize, pushing the prices back high. By using a fuel additive, you can benefit from the optimum vehicle performance, and at the same time get the maximum possible mile at each gallon. Stanadyne is a popular option that offers extreme cleaning effectiveness, unlike any other.
When you use Stanadyne on a regular basis, you can prevent possible mechanical problems with your diesel injection system. Besides, you will also be able to reduce the deadly diesel fumes evaporating into the atmosphere. The product has been declared safe and effective by many original equipment manufacturers. Every 8-ounce bottle is capable of treating 30gallons of diesel fuel, and can also be utilized safely during the summer, winter, fall, and spring months.
- All-season utilization
- Declared safe by Ford, General Motors, Navistar, John Deere, and others
- Enhances fuel economy and engine performance
- Consists of lubricity improvers
- 8 ounces are sufficient for 30 gallons of diesel
- Improves quality of air, by reducing polluted exhaust fumes and diesel fuel
- Takes some time to deliver results
Overall, Stanadyne delivers exactly what the product promises. For maximum benefits, use it on a daily basis.
This is another great diesel fuel additive that brings a number of features and benefits.
- Protects the fuel system and prevents it from deposits and corrosion.
- Thoroughly cleans fuel pump and other parts, apart from fuel injectors.
- Boosts cetane and works to stabilize the fuel.
- Lubricates all components of the fuel system, making them last longer.
- Gets rid of free water from the fuel system
- Comes at quite a reasonable price
- Treats up to 150 gallons of fuel
- Works to increase horsepower
- Rare cleaner that eliminates water from the fuel system
- Protects the fuel system components
- Economizes on fuel consumption
- Only needs to be used twice a year or once every six months.
- May not be as effective on cars that use high-quality fuels
- Less preventative as compared to other products
Lucas is without a doubt one of the leaders inautomobile additives and lubricants. The company also produces a wide range of fuel treatment products. This product, in particular, is quite affordable and highly reliable. It features a 1-gallon bottle and the additive is specially designed to burn extra exhaust emissions, which in turn will deliver added miles and power.In addition, the product helps lubricate and clean the fuel system, which helps extend the lifespan of the pumps and the injectors. Lastly, this product gets rid of anyproblems that usually stem from fuels with low sulfur.
- Increases cetane number by 5 to 9
- Lubricates and improves diesel pump and injectors life
- Consists of high-temperature detergents that ensure superior cleaning
- One of the best additives
- Enhances fuel economy
- Reduces dangerous diesel fuel fumes
- Increases performance level by 5%
- Has low sulfur fuel content
- The impact of this fuel additive takes time to materialize
In conclusion, you can never really go wrong with Lucas Fuel Treatment, as the fuel additive is capable of revitalizing your diesel-driven vehicle, and at the same time improve its efficiency and productivity.
The Howes diesel fuel additive is a favorite among people with diesel equipment, such as maintenance crews and farmers, and fleet managers.it is perfect for those drivers who reside in colder areas, as well as people who are looking for a cost-effective solution to boost the lubrication/cetane rating of their fuel.
- An inexpensive product that comes in large quantities (half gallon containers)
- Works great for all diesel blends, including biodiesel and low-sulfur
- Works wonders in cold conditions. This diesel fuel additive is guaranteed to prevent gelling because it reduces the cold filter plugging point in the fuel line by 20 degrees. This means users have no trouble revving up their engines even at sub-zero temperatures (Fahrenheit). Therefore, if you live in a colder region, this additive might prove essential.
- It also boosts your cetane rating due to the added lubricity, big time. The difference is substantial when it comes to engine smoothness, and the product minimizes the probability of your fuel leaving behind buildups on your injectors and other engine parts.
- It also gets rid of any water in the fuel, which is particularly critical in cold environments. Water can solidify in filters, resulting in major problems. However, if you are using Howe’s, you won’t have to worry about a thing.
- Even though you are less likely to have problems with fuel buildups from diesel, it should be noted that Howe’s fuel additive is not a cleaner, which means if you own an older automobile with built-up deposits, this option is not the best for you. You might also find the need to carry out some injector cleaning through the system every now and then, in order to make sure that everything runs smoothly. However, because Howe’s is so inexpensive, spending $10 for every 10,000 miles for an additional cleaning shouldn’t be a problem.
This option is quite popular among construction workers and truck drivers and is one of the best products from the Royal Purple lineup.
- Properly cleans your engine, and is designed to keep carburetors, combustion chambers, and injectors free of carbon deposits and soot. Not only does it clean old buildup but also prevents new accumulation.
- Comes in a variety of sizes so you can choose whichever suits your needs best
- Improves ignition and startup
- Does not boost fuel economy
After weighing the pros and cons of the 5 best diesel fuel additives, Lucas Fuel Treatmentcomes out a winner thanks to its many benefits. To begin, it increases horsepower, and on top of that also easy-to-use, accurate in what it promises to offer, and is overall a worthwhile investment. It improves performance by 5%, thoroughly cleans the injectors and boosts fuel effectiveness. Simply put, this product will not let you down.
Last Updated on