Best Car Battery Charger Of 2017
Almost all car owners have experienced that dreadful moment when they turn the key in the ignition and… nothing! Nobody has time to deal with that. A dead battery can really ruin your day’s plans, but if you are smart enough to own the best car battery charger, you will stay miles away from the inconvenience and loss of time waiting for someone to come along and rescue your car with a jump-start.
Today, there areliterally hundreds of car battery chargers available for every situation, and depending on your needs, you can select one accordingly. Many modern car battery chargers actually help in conditioning the battery, thus ensuring a longer lifespan and improved performance. They also have cleverly inbuilt features that allow safer and more efficient use.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Best Car Battery Charger - Top 5 Picks Of 2017!
The BatteryMINDer Model 12117 is a popular option among car owners due to its high capability and convenient size. The Model12117 is a 2-stage maintainer/charger/desulfator that offers the useful life and performance of 12 Volt sealed lead-acid batteries including flooded (maintenance free, filler cap, valve regulated lead-acid, lead-acid), deep cycle, starter, and hybrid making it one of the best options out there.
It automatically dissolves harmful sulfation with the help of low voltage, safe, patented high-frequency pulse technology. Another great feature of the charger is it prevents your battery from overcharging. In case you leave the charger plugged in, you don’t have to worry about overcharging.
- Easy to use
- Maintainer and charger combined
- Small and portable
- Maintains/charges up to four batteries in one go
- Offers spark, short circuit and polarity protection
- Indicates if connections are accurate through “blinks” and charge indicator when the battery is charged fully
- 12-Volt only
- Fewer controls
- Not suitable for aviation or gel batteries
CTEK Multi US 7002 12V Battery Charger features cutting-edge battery charging technology owing to a number of incredible features. The model comprises of an 8-step, automatic switch, microprocessor controlled charging with four different charge modes that provide convenience, ease of use and a set-and-forget charging. The 8-step switch modes feature:
- Soft start
- Maintenance/pulse charging
The model is quite versatile and capable of charging and maintaining a number of lead-acid 12-volt batteries, which include MF, wet, AGM, gel and Ca. The charger increases the battery’s recovery and longevity thanks to its pulse charging.
- Unique 8-step charging system
- Short-circuit, spark and reverse polarity protected
- Charger and Maintainer, all in one
- Microprocessor controlled
- Includes 2 interchangeable connection leads, one with eyelet terminal and one with clamps
- For 12-Volt batteries only
Tender (021-0128) is a 1.25-amp battery charger designed to completely charge a battery and maintain its proper voltage without causing damage. It comes with a quick connect harness for areas that are harder to reach. It is also fully temperature-compensated, which ensures that the charge voltage is optimal and in accordance with the ambient temperature. The charger will charge just as fast as or even faster than any 3-amp battery charger available in the market.
- Switches from full charge to float mode automatically
- Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage
- Fast charging
- Protected against reverse polarity thus ensuring user safety
- Comes with green and red light indicators
- Lights are relatively small and difficult to see
- Tends to get hot
The Schumacher SEM-1562A-CA is a completely automatic six or 12-volt battery charger that automatically switches to float mode in order to prevent damage to the battery. Automatic temperature offers accurate charging regardless of the ambient temperature. The model is ideal for charging large and small batteries and delivers 1.5 amps of power. It is both a charger and a maintainer and comes with a multi-phase charging procedure.
- Multiprocessor controlled
- Doesn’t overcharge during periods of non-usage
- Automatic temperature compensation
- LED Smart Display shows charging, full charge and trouble modes
- Hard-wearing, tough plastic housing
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Automatic voltage identification determines if the power output of the battery is 6 volts or 12 volts
- You can choose between using permanent ring terminals and quick-disconnect harness
- Desulphation mode recovers and reconditions batteries that have been left discharged for a long period
- Both charger and maintainer
- Limited to only 12-volt batteries
Optima are well-known for producing high-quality batteries and battery chargers, and Digital 400 12V is a product directed at people who are performance-oriented. The reason why this battery charger is so popular among users is its ability to improve discharged batteries that other chargers fail to charge. Besides maintaining and charging, it features a built-in health mode that automatically optimizes battery life.
- 4-amp battery charger and maintainer that has the capability to recover batteries that have been discharged down to 1.25V
- Quick-set selection
- Features a health mode to optimize battery life
- Protects against overtemperature, reverse polarity, and sparks
- Dual-purpose hook
- Spark-resistant connection technology
- Interchangeable ring terminals and battery clamps
- Incorporates a cord wrap
- Temperature-compensation during charging
- Quite pricey
Comparing the five products, their features, and pros and cons, we conclude that the CTEK Multi US 7002 12V Battery Charger is the Best Car Battery Charger that you can currently find on the market. Its outstanding technology that brings a special 8-step charging system, along with microprocessor controlled charging and four separate charge modes are features that you should be looking for in a car battery charger.
Another reason why we choose this product over others is that it is flexible and has the ability to charge and maintain various 12-volt, lead-acid batteries. The charger’s state-of-the-art technology allows it to increase the battery’s lifespan while also recovering it from any damage. Lastly, the CTEK Multi US 7002 gives users a chance to set the charger and forget about the battery since they won’t have to worry about it getting overcharged.
For its given price, you simply cannot go wrong with this product.